Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First of June

I woke up feeling the pain on my right hand. I was tipsy before I went to bed. I still feel it after a night of drinking bullfrog. There was a small wound on my hand. This was due to that freaking guy who tried to rob me this morning when I was on my way home.

I woke up with an angry mood remembering what happened. My friends went out with me to celebrate my birthday. We rode a cab but since my friends are going the same way, they had to drop me off near my unit. I just thought of riding anything to get home since my unit is just 5 minutes away.

The next thing I know is that there was this big guy grasping my hand and on his other hand was a knife. And the vehicle was moving through a flyover so I kept thinking how I would escape this guy without giving him any of my belongings.

This year I had experienced the same incident 5 times, only in different places. More than any feeling it was anger that I had for these guys. Most of them even looked bigger than I am, so why the hell won’t they stretch their muscles to earn? Of course I know it’s easy money for them but unfortunately they ought to be more scary or I guess they have to device a strategy in order to get my things. Yes, all those who attempted walked away empty handed. Am I thankful that I am safe? Sure…..but in my mind them walking away with nothing……I’m pretty sure another one will be victimized.

Talk about this scenario, I happen to see a poster of a police department with their campaign against crimes like this. The acronym reads: SMART. A stands for avoid dark alleys and streets. And I just thought, isn’t anyone responsible to light up dark corners so that those who plan to do the crime will avoid people walking in these alleys? Why do people have to be afraid of these when in fact those with criminal minds should be the ones not to have the guts to do such?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home