Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Duhhh.. --- A Commentary on a Radio Frequency

I was on my way to meet a friend and my ears felt like bleeding. I had no choice because the driver is tuned into one of the local radio stations. I normally don’t mind what’s playing but this one I can’t wait to comment and my fingers were itching to scribble the words.

It was a radio station I used to listen to when I was in high school. As this radio station put on a new image, one that was changed to adapt to the common mass, I thought that the programs had a reformat in a not so civilized manner.

First, the word “reformat” means to change, revolutionize, configure. In this time of century, brains I think should have evolved as well into a smart thinking rather than making the public laugh with bathroom humor or changing the show to the public level setting its limits assuming that the public will buy in because they’re brains can only contain cheap talk.

On one of the programs was a segment where callers can ask for advice. Instead of laughing out loud I felt like pounding the transistor with a hammer or telling the DJ face to face to shut up. A question was raised by a caller asking what he would do if it becomes a habit to pluck his private body hair before he sleeps. No need to look at the watch, the sun will tell you it’s broad day light and people are talking dirty and non sense? Of course the DJ gave a nonsense advice. One doesn’t have to master a degree in medical school, for one to talk nonsense.

If there is something new and you want to get ahead of others, one doesn’t have to mention another radio station and badmouth about it. This happened on the same program. I think that if you want to sell something, you got to sell it because people will like the show or because people get something from it. The wrong way to sell it is thinking that they can outsmart the other radio stations by saying something against another on air.

What a relief when I stepped out of the car. Silence suddenly sounded music to my ears. If you want to know which radio station it is……it’s a Campus that turned into a Barangay. And to whoever conceptualized the reformat and the programs….too bad to think that your job might not be for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home