Wednesday, October 22, 2008

sonnet of a son

I am breaking the cycle. The habitual process of pain I never thought you’d cause.

It’s not that I couldn’t endure it but I just don’t want to be part of your insensitive world. It’s a circle of disappointments and I need to leap out of this circle… to finally show you what it meant to be me. The road we travelled together ends here. I wish to forget your existence. The most painful part of letting go is still hoping that you would be there and finding out that you never did, falling into false expectations of hope. I thank you for the short lived memory of happiness that turned into dark representations of you. I am leaving the place I once called home. I am running away from the shadows of your suppressing hands. I am bending the bars of the cell you created for you never own me. I am running away and crossing the borders of your vicious torment.

I am running away…..to be free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home