Friday, January 16, 2009

Rain

This morning I received messages from a family whom I have never seen for a long time…I just can’t help but get sad.

Dad: “Whatever hard feelings you have for your Mom….I wish you could forget about it for your sister.”

Mom: “Are you coming on Saturday?”

Sister: “I’m getting married this weekend…I hope you could come.”

There are three reasons why I got sad. It’s not because I miss them…. I was hoping they would remember me most when I am at my most trying times. Those times when I needed a little comfort to make me feel that everything will be alright. It’s a sad thought that I am remembered only on occasions like Christmas and New Year and now a wedding, an invite 2 days before the wedding from a younger sister who I grew up with.

I’m happy and sad for the fact that she found her love and that she is ready to build her own family even if the one we had failed. I remember those days when we were kids. I remember those times when she used to ask me for advice. How I wish she could have consulted me about the wedding. I lost track of time. I guess she’s all grown up now to decide.

I do not blame them for my sadness. I know part of this sorrow is because of my firm stand to be apart from them. I am the only one left alone…….Both my brother and sister are married and Mom found a family of her own. My dad and I share the same sentiments but as I always say, things are better this way. Hence, I do not complain…sorrow accepted in exchange of happy lives.

I do not blame them for my sadness…. I only want my mourning to be respected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home