Thursday, December 18, 2008

If I Were a Girl

Two days before the company Christmas party, I filed for a leave to do some last minute shopping for our props and things needed to complete my costume. Our team’s concept is Broadway inspired and we are to perform Lady Marmalade from The Moulin Rouge and the Dreamgirls. The performance was quite polished and so off I went to the mall to buy things I need. Yes, I am one of the Dreamgirls.

Two days ago, during rehearsals, the pair of high-heeled shoes I’m using gave up. So I need to buy another pair. Aside from this, I also need to grab a bra and a couple of stockings. (Thanks to my boyfriend who is very supportive…I was able to convince him to buy these stuffs.)

At the ladies shoe section, I noticed the salesladies and their counterpart glancing at us. Of course I already expected we would catch some attention. This is the first time I would buy a pair of silver high-heeled shoes for myself. If I could just ran away with the perfect size without fitting them…yet, I have to fit them and walk to make sure I’m comfortable with the pair I’m buying.

There are three points I have in mind when I finally decided to buy them. First, I thought that people nowadays are getting accustomed to guys buying girl stuffs lessening gender bias and discrimination. Second, I have the money to buy and it’s still a sale for them so they don’t care anyway. Third, it’s hard to find a perfect stiletto for a man’s foot!! J

At the ladies undergarment section…..

Mission: to buy a strapless bra and a pair of stockings.

I was amazed at the sales attendant who assisted me. She got a perfect skin tone bra and whala!!! She made me try it on! I asked her if there is a bigger cup but she said the pair she suggested has only one cup size but different chest width measurement. I ended up buying a 34 C.

The things I did to be a dreamgirl…..not so bad to do some girl stuffs for the first time. J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home